PROF. C.J. AMASIKE [Ph.D]- NIGERIAChairman of Council of the IDRI
- Bachelor of Laws Degree, LL.B Hons, [Upper Second Class] 1980, from the University of Jos-Nigeria
- Master of Laws Degree, LL.M, [Best Graduating Student In The Faculty] 1990, from the University of Nigeria
- Doctor of Philosophy [Ph.D] in Law, 1994, [British Commonwealth Scholar] from University of Kent, Canterbury-England
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management, 1983, from Jersey, [Distinction]
- Post-Doctoral Diploma from Harvard University U.S.A, in Privatization and Commercialization [Best Graduating Student] 2000
- an alumnus of the Oxford University United Kingdom & the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators’ International Commercial Arbitration Diploma Programme, 2007
Professor C. J. Amasike is the Chairman of International Dispute Resolution Institute [IDRI].
Among other qualifications and memberships, he holds the Bachelor of Laws, LL.B Hons, [Upper Second Class – Second Best Student] 1980, from University of Jos – Nigeria, Master of Laws, LL.M, [Best Graduating Student In The Faculty] 1990, from University of Nigeria, and a Doctor of Philosophy in Law, Ph.D, 1994, [Best Graduating Ph.D Student and a Winner of British Commonwealth Scholarship and a Chevening Scholar] from University of Kent, England United Kingdom.
He also holds a Post-Graduate Diploma in Business Management, 1993, from Jersey, [Grade – Distinction], a Post-Doctoral Diploma from Harvard University U.S.A, in Privatization and Commercialization [Best Graduating Student] 2000. He is an alumnus of the Oxford University United Kingdom & the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators’ International Commercial Arbitration Diploma Programme, 2007 and was Best Graduating Student at the University Of Stellenbosch Cape-Town South Africa, Post-Doctoral Commercial Negotiation Programme 2009.
He is a Fellow and an Arbitrator of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Nigeria, Chartered Mediator ADR Group United Kingdom, Fellow Chartered Institute of Pubic Administrators, Member London Court International Arbitrator U.K., Consultant and Arbitrator South African Arbitration Foundation Johannesburg-South Africa, Arbitrator/ADR Practitioner Abuja Multi-Door Court House Nigeria, Arbitrator/Conciliator & Mediator Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration Lagos – Nigeria, Member International Arbitration Institute Paris-France, Member International Bar Association, London, Member Chartered Institute Of Arbitrators London-United Kingdom, Member International Association of Penal Law Paris, Member Association of International Arbitrators, Brussels, and a Notary Public.
He had worked as Special Adviser to the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice of Nigeria and at different times was Chairman/Member of the Federal Government of Nigeria National Committees, some of which are, namely:
- Chairman, National Committee On International Treaties, Conventions, Agreement and Protocols;
- Secretary/Member, Federal Government National Committee For The Review of Maritime Laws Of Nigeria;
- Chairman, Federal Government Committee On Telecommunication & Power;
- Chairman, Federal Government Committee On Domestication Of International Maritime Conventions;
- Chairman, Federal Government Committee On Review Of Investment Laws In Nigeria;
- Secretary/Member, Federal Government Committee On Prisons Reforms;
- Member, Federal Government Committee On Prerogative Of Mercy;
- Chairman, Federal Government Committee On Review Of The Banking and Financial Sector, etc.
He was previously an Executive Director in a Bank, Director/Research Fellow in the Nigeria National Electric Power Authority [NEPA], Vice-President Abuja Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Mines, Nigeria, Head of Department of Public and International Law at the University of Abuja, Nigeria.
He was the former Chairman/Chief Judge, Federal Government of Nigeria, Tax Appeal Court/Tribunal.
He is a Fellow of several professional bodies and the General Editor of Arbitration & ADR In Africa, an author & speaker at several international and local conferences, Managing Partner Prof. C.J Amasike & Associates [an International Commercial and Corporate Law Firm], President, Arbitration And ADR In Africa, and Chairman of the International Dispute Resolution Institute [IDRI].
He is a Consultant to the United Nations on Commercial and Corporate Law & a United Nations’ Diplomat [UNCITRAL].
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form: