ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
UNCITRAL is a major and important United Nations [UN] Commission that makes regulations for the modernization and harmonization of rules on international business and sets standards that govern international trade.
The New York Convention is an international treaty for the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards which also applies to arbitral awards considered non-domestic.
It is a global instrument used in settling international business and commercial disputes.
The Federal Ministry of Justice, Regional Centre For International Commercial Arbitration [a continental body with diplomatic status], the Governing Councils of International Dispute Resolution Institute [a mega Arbitration& ADR Institute with global operations] and Arbitration & ADR In Africa
[an International Dispute Settlement Service Provider] cordially invite you, your colleagues, management and friends, to the 50th UNCITRAL and 60th New York Convention Anniversaries Conference scheduled for Thursday, 14th & Friday, 15th June, 2018, at Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, Nigeria.
The 60th New York Convention Conference is the first ever in Africa and it’s being held in Nigeria.
This great event celebrates the remarkable contributions of the United Nations and UNCITRAL in the area of international trade law, modernization and harmonization of fair international business rules and laws in most jurisdictions [at present 157 nations] of the world.
The conference aims to deepen African’s economic and business relations with the world and international partners, highlighting its role as a key player in Africa on matters concerning commercial arbitration & the global economy.
The topics for the conference would include but not limited to: encouragement of free movement in trade and investments, attraction of Foreign Direct Investment [FDI], facilitating and strengthening Of cross border contracts, Use Of Arbitration & ADR In Resolving Disputes In The Financial Sector, Incentives To Reducing Risk Of Investing In Emerging Markets And Developing Countries, Electronic Settlement of Trade Disputes, Diplomatic Missions As Engines for Foreign Direct Investments [FDI] In Africa, Accelerating Intra-Africa Trade & Investment, etc.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Chief Executives and top management Staff of private sector organizations –
Banks, Financial Institutions, Telecommunication, Maritime, Power & Electricity
- Top Executives in Government Ministries, Departments, Parastatals & Agencies
- Foreign & Domestic Investors
- Chambers of Commerce
- Professional Groups
- Arbitration Institutions
- Non-Governmental Organizations
- ADR & Accounting Firms
- Law Firms
BENEFITS OF THE CONFERENCE
This conference will equip participants with the skill to provide quicker and inexpensive resolution of domestic and international business disputes.
It shall, similarly, be of great interest to individuals, companies, and corporations interested in investing in Africa, or who work or had worked in Africa and wish to develop or reinforce existing networks in Africa with individuals, firms, corporations, companies, governments and their agencies.
It shall be of great benefit to those wishing to develop or invest in developing economies, especially in Africa.
It promises to be a great forum for international networking for Chief Executives of Companies, Corporations, Captains of Industries, Oil & Gas Executives, Banks & Financial Industry Executives, Power & Energy Executives, Maritime Executives, Top Government officials, Managing Partners of Law, ADR & Accounting Firms, Lawyers, the Judiciary, the Diplomatic Missions, International Agencies, etc.
Certificate of Participation would be awarded to all who successfully complete the programme.
List of Speakers at the 50th UNCITRAL & 60th New York Convention Anniversaries Conference
Professor/Head of Arbitration & ADR, University of South Africa, Pretoria, South Africa. Consultant to the South African Government on Lexis Nexis Panel.view profile
DELEGATE [PARTICIPANT] FEE
The fee below covers 2-day conference activities, break out and plenary sessions, welcome reception, conference dinner, lunches & tea breaks, conference bags & materials.
1. Registration Fee: GBP£315 or USD$400 or N180,000 [IDRI MEMBERS SHALL HAVE 15%
For participants who wish to attend the IDRI Professional & Membership Associate Programme on 13th June, 2018 at Chelsea Hotel CBD, Abuja, there is additional registration fee of £75 [total GBP£400] or $100 [total USD$500] or N45,000 [total N225,000]
The Induction Ceremony will be held during the Dinner Ceremony on 15th June, evening at the Transcorp Hilton Abuja.
2. Early Bird Registrations [before 30th April]: GBP £350 or USD $350 or N150,000.
3. Registration and payment at venue: GBP £350 or USD $450 or N200,000.
4. 10% discount for groups of 5 from one organization and where registration is done within the early bird period [before 30th April] participants/groups are entitled to an additional 5%.
Please use the appropriate account number depending on the currency of payment.
The registration fee should be made payable as stated hereunder:
Bank Name: United Bank For Africa [UBA] Plc.
Account Name: International Dispute Resolution Institute [UNCITRAL/New York Convention]
GBP Pounds Sterling Account Number: 3002424346
U.S Dollar Account Number: 3002424353
Nigerian Naira Account Number: 1020926547
Branch/Sort Code Number: 033083667
PAYMENT DETAILS FOR FOREIGN DELEGATES.
The registration fee should be made payable following the details as stated hereunder:
Correspondent Bank: Citibank New York
Swift Code: CITIUS33
Routing or ABA No: 021000089
For Credit To: United Bank for Africa Plc.
Account No: 36320321
Swift Code: UNAFNGLA
For Final Credit To Beneficiary [i.e. Name of Customer of The Bank]:
International Dispute Resolution Institute -UNCITRAL/New York Convention
Beneficiary’s Account Number With UBA: 3002424353
Bank [Branch] Address: United Bank For Africa [UBA] Plc.
Gateway Plaza, Central Business District, Abuja, Nigeria
Branch/Sort Code Number: 033083667
Please register via our registration form below and follow the payment instructions. In case of any questions, please contact email@example.com
50th UNCITRAL & 60th New York Convention Anniversaries [ 14th – 15th June, 2018 ]
Become a Sponsor
There are opportunities for sponsorship and the categories are as follows: Diamond Sponsor, Gold Sponsor, Silver Sponsor, Bronze Sponsor, Breakfast, Morning Tea & Coffee Breaks, Lunch, Dinner, Conference Materials, Pens & Name Badge sponsorship are also available.
If you wish to be a sponsor, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, OR
Phone: +234-805-2128-456, +234-803-7035-989, +234-909-9651-401.
Key Reasons To Sponsor
The benefits for sponsoring this event include, but not limited to:
- World platform for networking with delegates, financial and economic experts coming from countries under the umbrella of the New York Convention, who are interested in doing business in Africa or strengthening existing business relationships.
- Global presentation from experts in dispute settlement in commercial, investment and business disputes across the globe.
- Top Government representation and networking from key Ministries, Departments, Parastatals and Agencies of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and other countries.
- Roundtable/panel discussions reflecting on African trade & investment opportunities and policies.
- Visibility of sponsors’ Logos in all printed and online promotional media.
- Sponsors’ logo placed in the display screen throughout the programme.
- Free attendance to conference and dinner for Diamond Sponsor [4 delegates]; Gold Sponsor [3 delegates]; Silver Sponsor [2 delegates] and Bronze Sponsor [1 delegate]
- Acknowledgement of sponsorship in conference opening and closing speeches
- Acknowledgement of sponsorship in the upcoming IDRI newsletter and media publications.
- Networking with international dignitaries as well as meeting with UN and UNCITRAL Officials attending the event.
Please click here for details on sponsorship.
For more details please contact the Conference Secretariat, email@example.com